Friday, July 11, 2014

Challenge Week 1

Hey Guys!!  

I hope everyone is already enjoying some of their summer!  

One thing that I love about the best teachers, is that we're constant learners.  I heard the phrase "Professional Students" once and thought it was a perfect descriptor!

Here's my goal for this summer.  I'm starting a Summer Learning Series.  Every week I'm going to send you a challenge to learn something NEW!  Something that will help make you an even better educator.  I will be participating with the challenges as well.

So today I send you the first challenge.  The first challenge is....Twitter!!

Twitter has been the the tool that completely revolutionized and changed my career.  You can read about my story here.

I have created a brief 10 min video to give you a 'heads-up' on where to even begin with Twitter!  You can find that video here.  

Within this video I also mention a link to the "21 Day Twitter Challenge".  This is an EXCELLENT tool to use to utilize Twitter. 

Twitter allows you to connect with and learn from people from all over the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  We will be using twitter a lot this upcoming school year, so I wanted to allow you to get a head start. And don't worry, there'll be lots of time to learn and even some hands on training for those who need it!

Together we are going to make Navasota Intermediate the best school in the United States.  I truly believe that.  The only way that will happen though is if we continually try new and innovative ideas, stay on the cutting edge, and most of all, as long as we're doing what's best for kids.  Twitter is a tool that will allow us to learn from experts from all over!

As you complete the challenges this summer I'm going to ask you to fill out different Google Forms.  I'm going to be awarding "badges" to those of you who complete the challenges. There will also be some GREAT prizes when we reconvene in August, for those who are continuing their learningall summer through these weekly challenges.  

Here is the Google Form once you complete this challenge.

So, what are you waiting for??  Challenge 1 has been issued!  Start Tweeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment